Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lovely Photoshop Artists

The following five artists inspire me with their work in photoshop;

1) Caras Ionut
Precarious: Impossible physical feats are made possible in the 'dreamlike' artworksTransformed: A standard picture of a man has been given a bizarre makeover with the addition of jet black wings
I was attracted to this artist because of how realistic yet surreal the images were. I like how they look like you could touch them, or like they could actually exist somewhere. I would like to learn how they create these images. I know the artist photographs images and uses those in his work. I want to know how to make it believable and three dimensional looking. I would like to play with making images realistic, I in no way want to do a self portrait again, but I want to make surreal things look believable

2)David Fuhrer
.  

I was attracted to this artist because he creates surrealistic art. I love the use of color, the compositions, and subject matter that he chooses. Once again he makes unbelievable images, and their not as realistic as the previous artist, but I like the illustrative approach. I would like to know how he makes all the textures and colors and makes thing look so nice and put together.I would like to make compositions like these, a whole piece that looks put together. I want to play with making texture and not just flat shape.

3) Bobby Chiu


What attracted me to this artist was the irony in the pieces, as well as a painterly more realistic version of new school tattooing. Proportions are stretched to limits.and creatures are made up. I would like to learn how he gives his work the painterly feel. To me it just looks like an oil painting and I would like that effect on my own work. I would like to simply make images with this type of look. I want it to look like a painting rather than obvious computer work.

4) Jerico Santander


What attracted me to this artist was his color choice, surrealism, and realistic details. I want to learn how to make things so vivid and believable. I want to learn how to make the wrinkle texture or other textures. His work is super inspiring. I myself would like to do more three dimensional looking art in the class. I want to work on making images more realistic.

5) Craig Sellars


What attracted me to this artist was his style. I love how these look like paintings rather than digital art. From this artist I would like to know how to do this style. I like how things look like brush strokes. In class I want the same thing, I want to use more of a painterly style in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment