Thursday, February 13, 2014

33 Hours, and a Selfie Later...

The idea behind this project, was to simply make a self portrait  out of squares. Having never used Illustrator, working with only squares really helped get my feet wet with the program and begin to understand it. I began by simply taking a photo of myself or a "selfie." I then put a filter over the photo that broke the image down into simple colors. After that I began making very tiny squares. I did this over and over, each color having it's own layer in Illustrator. Towards the end, since the layers were under all of the others, I was able to use larger squares. The "selfie" was cut off at the end of my sweater and I wasn't too sure what to do to it, so I made the squares look as if they were disintegrating. I am very happy with this project, it took literally thirty-three hours and it looks like me. When I started this project my goal was to make the image so well crafted that people would know who it was and I believe it accomplishes that.

No comments:

Post a Comment